Monday 25 April 2011

LOVE SO AMAZING



Yesterday, we celebrated the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is not dead. He is RISEN as He said He would. This separates Christianity from all other beliefs. The tomb of our Lord Jesus Christ is EMPTY and my Saviour lives! Budda's bones are still in the tomb. Mohammed's bones are still in the tomb. The bones of leaders of every belief system are still in the tomb. But my God, Jesus Christ my Lord, rose from the dead and His tomb is empty. My God came to me. He became a man so that He could die in my guilty place so that I could go free. Now, this my fried is love ... amazing love. My Saviour laid down His life for me while I was a sinner.


If God is so loving, why does He allow pain, sickness, suffering and death?
Because God is holy, He has to punish sin (Romans 6:23). Many ask, If God is so loving, why does He allow pain, sickness, suffering and death? And who are you to talk back to God and pass judgment on a thrice holy God (Romans 9:20)? The reason we are troubled is not because of God. It is our own fault. Pain, sickness, suffering and death were never God's plan for us. We reaped these troubles as a result of our disobedience against God. It is OUR SIN that causes us to be troubled with pain, sickness, suffering and death.

WHAT MUST YOU DO TO BE SAVED FROM GOD'S WRATH? Believe that the Lord Jesus Christ became a substitute for you and died in your place for your sin. That all your past, present and future sins are laid upon Him when you put your trust in Him. That Jesus rose from the dead and because He lives, you too can live again because before you placed your trust in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ, you were dead to God. Yes, a walking dead person, dead in trespasses and sins. Friend, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved" Acts 16:31

O my God, may I never boast EXCEPT in the cross of my Lord Jesus Christ (Galatians 6:14)

Now friend, slowly read Isaac Watts' hymn below and be blessed


WHEN I SURVEY THE WONDROUS CROSS - Isaac Watts


When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.

See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e’er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?

His dying crimson, like a robe,
Spreads o’er His body on the tree;
Then I am dead to all the globe,
And all the globe is dead to me.

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment