Saturday 16 April 2011

Did you know that you can give evil spirits legal ground in your life?

GIVING EVIL SPIRITS LEGAL GROUND IN OUR LIVES
Sometimes, a negative thought flashes across my mind and I just let it slide and do nothing about it. This thought eventually gets pushed to the back burner of my mind, but it is still there non-the-less. Has that ever happened to you?


I would like to share with you what happens when I entertain that negative thought by doing nothing and what happens when I refuse to welcome that negative thought into the deep places of my mind.



HERE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I DO NOTHING
According to Luke 22:3-4, Satan placed a thought into Judas' mind to betray the Lord Jesus Christ.

Judas, like I sometimes do, did not dispel that thought. He did not, according to 2 Corinthians 10:5,  "bring that thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ" by rebuking the thought in the name of Jesus. Consequently, this thought from Satan found fertile ground to grow, and so Satan was given legal ground in Judas' life as I sometimes do.

The fact is, if Judas was a man of faith, like Peter, Satan would not be able to find fertile ground in his mind so that the seed planted could come to fruition. Yes, we all fall down, but when we are children of FAITH, we get up in Jesus Name. We EXAMINE ourselves and do housecleaning and we realize that we have allowed contaminants to enter our minds and our lives.


HERE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I DEAL WITH THE NEGATIVE THOUGHT
Read what Jesus said to Peter, a man of faith

"And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:" Luke 22:31

"But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren." Luke 22:32

Like Peter, every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ is a child of faith. So, let us resist the devil and he will flee from us. Let us give no place to the devil. We can do all things through Christ Who gives us the strength. We have all the power we need in Christ Jesus. Christ defeated Satan at the cross and we too can defeat him if our "faith fail not."

So, next time when Satan brings a fearful thought or a thought of discouragement to you, what are you going to do? 

HERE IS WHAT TO DO WITH EVERY NEGATIVE THOUGHT
The negative thought is actually a spirit at work. IDENTIFY which spirit it is, whether a spirit of fear or discouragement etc. Then, rebuke that spirit of fear or that spirit of discouragement in the Name of Jesus. In Jesus Name, speak to that spirt, call it by name, "spirit of fear", "spirit of discouragement" etc. Calling that spirit by name, let it know that it is not welcome in your mind that that you command it to depart now and forever in the name of Jesus. For at the Name of Jesus, every knee (evil spirit) MUST BOW (Philippians 2:10)

And sometimes when you do fail to rebuke and reject these evil spirits that mess with your thoughts, and in so doing sin against God, remember believer, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

I am so glad that because I often mess up and complain instead of giving thanks in everything, that Ephesians 1:7, and Ephesians 2:4 say that "God is rich in grace and mercy". So, because of His grace God still blesses me with what I do not deserve and because of His mercy, He withholds from me that which I do deserve. All Praise To God!

Hope this Word blesses you today.

With Christian Love,
PsalmsChild

No comments:

Post a Comment